As a larger community we can do it. Every amount counts.
One donor already committed to $10,000 to kick off going solar!
Here at the Magnolia Zen Center we have been considering to install solar systems for many years. We have consulted and met with several solar companies in the panhandle of Florida during the past two years. We have evaluated many offerings over the past two years. We have finally settled on the solar company Meraki Solutions. They have been very thoughtful and helpful in working together with us in designing systems that will efficiently run the Magnolia Zen Center. We find that the time to go solar now.
SIX BENEFITS OF SOLAR POWER
- 1. Create stable energy without raising cost and saving money by producing our own power: By going solar, we can totally eliminate our monthly electric bills. It’s true, one of the biggest advantages of installing solar systems is cutting the price of our electricity. Over the last 10 years, the price of residential electricity has increased by an average of 3% annually. Investing in solar now will allow us to enjoy a fixed rate and help protect us from rising electricity costs.
- 2. Impact the environment in significant and positive ways: Unlike conventional electricity, solar energy does not pollute. Solar happens to be the #1 way to decrease our carbon footprint, knowing we’re doing the right thing for the earth. On average, one house solar system can eliminate 3 to 4 tons of carbon emissions every year. This is the equivalent of annually planting 100 trees.
- 3. Enjoy dependable and reliable power: Modern solar technology provides consistent, dependable, and reliable energy.
- 4. Set an example: In a few years, solar will be everywhere. Right now, we are leaders and early adopters, and this is crucial in setting a good example for a new energy way.
- 5. Create local jobs: G going solar contributes to local jobs, helping to boost our local economy. The solar industry currently employs over a quarter million people, most of whom work for local solar companies in the area. By investing in solar, we’re also investing in our local jobs. Meraki Solutions is headquartered in Pensacola, Florida just 40 miles to the West of the Magnolia Zen Center.
- 6. Store power to use during outages due to storms: We can also look to solar as way to avoid power outages as storms increase in severity in the panhandle of Florida. We are installing solar to be on the cutting edge of technology, to protect the environment, and to reduce our overall expenses.
MERAKI PROPOSAL 2021:
The regional manager of Meraki Solutions, Noah Weiner, offered the following in a follow-up email:
“Since we are a green company we don’t publish printed materials, but we can put together all the materials in a digital format, send it to possible donors, and then walk them through our presentation over a web call. I know this is something that really interests you, so we are happy to present the information to any of your donors. As this is what we do for a living!!”
- Current electricity cost savings: about $435.00 per month and climbing.
- Net-metering programm: If more electricity is produced than used, the excess is being ’sold’ for credit to Gulf Power.
- The whole project would take about 2 months from start to finish.
- Meraki solar system enables utilizing a hybrid inverter (this gets the solar energy into the grid) to be placed on the side of the house wall instead of having an inverter under each panel. This reduces the service efforts later up to 85%.
- Meraki uses 330 Watt panels produced by Trina Solar US out of San Jose, CA https://www.trinasolar.com/us
- All materials have 25 years warranty.
- Workmanship is guaranteed for 10 years.
- Meraki is monitoring each solar system and will notify us when repairs are necessary.
- Website:https://merakisolutions.com/, Headquartered in Pensacola, FL. The company started in Utah. The owners are Mormons. The word meraki is the Greek word for putting one’s soul into one’s work. The local manager who is responsible for the panhandle of Florida came to speak with us at our request last Thursday, 14 July. This effort and his overall engagement with us, plus the equipment that this company uses and their commitment to service was instrumental in our making this decision. Their representatives have also shown an interest in the work of the Zaltho Foundation. This led to their offer to reduce the initial pricing by a donation of $2,500.